Quantcast

Thursday, November 1, 2012

October Favorites

I have power again! I'm luckily in one of the only two buildings around me that has regained electricity and running water. Unfortunately, I'm still without hot water or heat so I've been boiling water and pouring it into my tub. It's not that bad once you get used to the shivering!

I wanted to take this chance to get my up my monthly favorites. I don't have many this month because I've been too busy with midterms to go shopping but these favorites are all definite favorites and will most likely be my go-to products for a long time.


1. Urban Decay Naked 2 ($50) - I bought the Naked 2 during the second batch of releases when it first came out. I remember when I initially swatched all the colors I was pretty excited to use it until I realized that the colors didn't go together as well as the shades from the Naked palette. The Naked 2 had been sitting in my makeup collection collecting dust for a while until recently when I decided to try it out again. While the colors may not match as obviously as the Naked palette, where typically the shades next to each other will create a great look, if you mix and match colors from all around the palette and even some from the Naked palette you can get a lot of different looks. My favorite shadows to mix together at the moment are: Bootycall all over the lid, Tease in the crease, a light dusting of Verve on top and Foxy as a highlight.

2. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny ($2.99) - This product was from my latest Target haul and I already have an in-depth review of it on my blog. As I mentioned in my review, which you can read for more details, this bronzer is extremely affordable and delivers great color for lighter skin tones. A light dusting of this all over the face gives a sun-kissed glow. I've compared it to the Benefit Hoola Bronzer and found that they deliver the same color and pigmentation, with NYC's bronzer being way more affordable and a lot more travel-friendly.

3. L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara ($5.84+) - Another product from my latest Target haul, this mascara has quickly become my favorite mascara. I wrote a rave review on it here that you can check out for more details. This mascara delivers lots of length and definition giving the illusion that you're wearing false eyelashes. I can't get enough of it and it has topped even my specialty/department store mascaras.

4. Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me ($2.99) - This product was featured in my ❤ Fall tag as my favorite lip product, mentioned last month as a favorite and I did an in-depth review of it here. As you can see, I absolutely love this product and can't get enough of it. It delivers a sheer tint of red to your lips giving you a "your lips but better" color. I also love how it does double duty by providing color and moisturization.

A relatively short favorites list this month but I do suggest trying out one if not all of these products. They're all wonderful products and three out of four of them you can find readily available and affordable at your local drugstore.

What were your favorites for October? I'd love to know!

13 comments:

  1. Great favorites!! I love the Sunny bronzer. Use it almost everyday. :)

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I hope you get heat and hot water soon!
    I love your favorites. I felt the same way about the naked 2, but you're right. I found that playing with colors from both palettes can create many looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope so too! I'm still without both.

      Delete
  3. I love the naked palette

    xo

    http://abullettothehead.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want one of those Urban Decay palettes.

    I nominated you for the Liebster & Versatile blogger award. You can find the info on my blog beautylovebooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UD palettes are wonderful and definitely worth every penny.
      And thanks so much!(: I'm honored~

      Delete
  5. Hi Elle, love the posts and I nominated you for a Liebster award on my blog so now it seems you have two! :) Congrats and you can check it out at
    http://sweetfigtree.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Boiling water and pouring it in the tub? I hope you've got hot water now! I'm with you on Naked 2, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite brutal and I still have no hot water. I'm hoping it comes back before the end of this week!

      Delete
  7. I have yet to purchase the Naked or Naked 2 palettes :(. Great post!


    New follower from the hop, follow back?

    http://www.simplyblushed.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth purchasing(:

      And thanks for following, I'm now following back!

      Delete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...