21 year old girl living in NYC. Beauty, fashion + lifestyle blogger.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Unboxing: May Ipsy Glam Bag
Toward the middle of the month most people get a little worn-out. It's not quite as exciting as the beginning of a new month, nor is it as satisfying as making it through to the end. However, what the middle of the month means to me is a new Ipsy Glam Bag full of surprise goodies to keep me going.
If you remember my bag from last month you'll know that it had a rocker chic vibe and was full of products that I was super excited to try. This month's bag is a little tamer with cosmetics in lighter colors and skincare products tailored for the summer.
I always have to start off by critiquing the bag since one major feature that sets Ipsy apart from all the other monthly subscription services is that it comes in a makeup bag. Unlike the preceding months, this month's bag isn't made out of the nylon/polyester material that Ipsy's cosmetic bags typically come in. This month the bag is made of a softer cloth material and comes in a cute vine print. Hey Ipsy, if you're reading this please stick with these kinds of bag 'cause they're a step up from the usual tacky ones that I'd never carry!
As for the products inside and my first impressions of each:
• Pūr-lisse pūr-moist hydra-balance moisturizer -- Couldn't wait to try it so I smeared some on immediately after I showered. It has a lightweight yet intensely moisturizing feel that I adore!
• Pacifica eyeshadow duo -- Purple is not my color but the white with gold shimmer looked promising. However, after swatching the shades on the back of my hand I discovered the shadows were chalky and unpigmented.
• Nailtini nail lacquer in Frappe -- Haven't tried yet but this will be on my nails soon! The light pink shade is perfect for me and for my mom!
• Hang Ten classic sport natural sunscreen SPF50 -- Haven't tried yet but I'm all for sun protection and how wrong could you go with sunscreen?
• Crown Brush pro blending fluff brush -- Haven't used yet either but judging from the quality it feels soft but I fear it might shed. Let's cross our fingers and hope it proves me wrong.
I'd say this month's bag is of average quality. The eyeshadow and brush are a bit of a disappointment for me since I have no use for either. The Pūr-lisse moisturizer, Nailtini polish and actual bag made up for it but the Hang Ten sunscreen is just meh. I'm not disappointed overall but I was certainly hoping for something better, especially after last month's bag! I know some of my friends got some other really cool products this month so maybe I just got a bad pick.