21 year old girl living in NYC. Beauty, fashion + lifestyle blogger.
Sunday, December 9, 2012
I have been once again nominated for the Liebster Award (I was awarded last month, you can check out my post here), this time by Erica from The Girl with the Muji Hat and Carolyn from The Diary of a Tall Girl! I'd like to thank them both for the nomination and I encourage all my followers to check out their blogs, both girls have a wonderful personality and their blogs are definitely worth checking out. It's really quite an honor to be nominated for this award again.
The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.
11 Random Facts:
1. I'm 5'5"
2. I've been together with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years.
3. I am part of a lion & dragon dance team.
4. I'm a Junior in college.
5. I'm currently deciding between being a Finance or Marketing major.
6. I'm minoring in Psychology.
7. I will be interning with Barneys next semester in their Web Marketing department.
8. My dream career would be to be an actress.
9. I am a gamer. I have a PS3, an Xbox360 and a WiiU.
10. My favorite number is 3.
11. My favorite color is pink.
The Questions from Erica:
1. What/Who motivated you to begin blogging? I started blogging because I have a strong passion for makeup and fashion and I wanted to share all my tips, tricks and experiences with other people. I figured that a blog would be a great creative outlet and a fun way to share what I know.
2. Describe your style in three words: Classic. Edgy. Girly.
3. What do you hope that people will get out of reading your blog? I hope they will find inspiration whether it be outfit ideas or new beauty products to try out.
4. Who/What is your style inspiration? I don't have anything specific that I look to for style inspiration. A few people whose style I admire would be Lauren Conrad, Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O. I also look to random people on the city streets that I encounter for inspiration, you can find a lot of fashionable ladies and gentlemen when you live in one of the fashion capitals of the world.
5. What is your favorite staple piece? My favorite staple piece would definitely be a well-fit blazer. You can do so many things with a blazer and they bring together any look.
6. Name one accessory you can't live without. The Tiffany 1837 Interlocking Circles Pendant that my boyfriend gave me for my birthday this year. It's so beautiful and dainty and I love how it's something that reminds me of him that I can wear everywhere.
7. Which celebrity's closet would you love to raid? Lauren Conrad!
8. What is the ultimate goal you wish to achieve out of being a blogger? I would love it if this could end up being a full-time paying job for me or help me land a full-time paying job in a related area like being a writer for a magazine.
9. Name 3 of your strengths or weaknesses: My three strengths are that I'm hard-working, dedicated and creative. My three weaknesses are that I'm a perfectionist, idealistic and a planner.
10. What is your favorite beauty product? My Urban Decay Naked palette. It has all the neutral shades I want and need.
11. What is your greatest fear? My greatest fear is living an unfulfilled life.
The Questions from Carolyn:
1. If you were to get a tattoo, where and what would it be? I'm actually very against getting a tattoo because I'm afraid of having something permanently placed on my skin but if I was force to get one I would get an infinity love tattoo on my wrist.
2. What's one food you refuse to eat? There's a lot of food I refuse to eat but one is duck tongue. It's so creepy! 3. If you could be a designer for any clothing company, which would it be and why? This is so tough! I think I would want to be a designer for J.Crew because they match my personal style of classic yet stylish. 4. What was your nickname as a kid? Where did it come from? I actually never had a nickname as a kid. 5. Who was your first celebrity crush? Brian from the Backstreet Boys...so embarrassing! 6. If you could only eat one kind of cake for the rest of your life, what would it be? Vanilla flavor? I'm not a huge cake fan. 7. If you won the lotto and you couldn't keep the money, what would you do with it/who would you give it to? I would donate it to various animal rights organizations. 8. Are you a grammar Nazi? Not really. 9. Where do you typically sit/stand/etc. when you're blogging? (i.e. the couch, your bed, blah blah) I typically sit at my desk in my room. 10. If any, what was the first piercing you got (not including ear lobes)? I only have piercings on my ear lobes. 11. What motivates you to keep up your blog? My wonderful followers and supporters and my love for blogging!