Quantcast

Monday, February 10, 2014

Review: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Goldmine


I've been trying to replicate and master the gold and black double liner eye look for years now but I can never seem to find the correct shade or formula of gold liner. It's especially difficult for me to find a gold shade that works well with my skin given my yellow undertones. I've searched high and low for the best possible gold liner and so far the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Goldmine ($20) has been my best bet.

Source: Glamour.com
The Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Goldmine is a yellow-gold creamy pencil liner with gold micro-sparkles in it. Think Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero but gold. The liner glides onto the lids easily and does not smudge. However, it fades quickly to the point where in a few hours it begins to blend in with my skin and you can hardly tell I had it on in the first place. I tried setting it with gold eyeshadow but it only extended the longevity of the liner by an hour or two.



While this is the best gold liner I've found to achieve this look it's still not ideal. I'm currently using this liner in my inner corners and bottom lid in an attempt to use it up, but if I can find the receipt I'll definitely be returning it (if I still can). If you have any suggestions about what gold liner I should try feel free to leave it in a comment below, ideally I'd be looking for a liquid liner but if there are any other formulas that you've found works for you I'm open to ideas.


Bloglovin' | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Hmm have you tried Urban Decay's liquid liner? I have the silver one and I like the formula of it. I'm not sure if the gold they have is what you're looking for...but worth a shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the UD 24/7 liner in black but too bad the gold one doesn't stay on long! I really like the tarina taratino eyeliners too! I have one in light pink and it's quite good :)

    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've never tried Tarina Taratino eyeliners before, thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried UD's liquid liner before and while I like some of the colors, the gold one wasn't very pigmented. ):

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...