Quantcast

Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss


Have you heard of Nivea Lip Butters ($3.99) yet? If not, then ask yourself where you've been the past few months! Nivea Lip Butters have been all the rage in the beauty community as of late, being the hottest chapstick-like lip product to hit the drugstores since Maybelline's Baby Lips. I happened upon a display of these lip butters in the skincare section at Target, why they weren't with the rest of the lip products is beyond me, but I decided to pick one up since everyone had been blogging and vlogging about it.



The first thing that caught my eye was the packaging. I liked how the Nivea Lip Butters all come in a slim tin case that reminded me of an old school candy tin. The design on the packaging wasn't that bad either, looking much fancier than the other lip salves to choose from. I purchased the Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss because I figured I'm a sucker for caramel and I love sweet scents. I didn't think the fragrance would be very strong since fragrances of most lip products tend to be faint at best, but boy was I wrong.


When I got home that night and tried out the lip butter, the moment I opened that tiny tin lid the smell of sweet caramel hit me and it hit me hard. I almost thought I was going to be sick and instantly regretted buying the lip butter. The thought of slathering that scent all over my lips and right under my nose made me nauseous but I tried it on anyways, for the sake of my readers and the fact that I didn't want to have completely wasted my money. Within time, that strong scent started to fade away and now it's become bearable but I'm fairly certain I won't be purchasing caramel cream kiss again for a while. But once you get past the smell and actually look at how the product performs, it's really quite impressive.

The product is very buttery and sort of looks and feels like solid butter in a tin can. It absorbs quickly into the lips and doesn't leave any gross residue or film around your mouth. It hydrates excellently and leaves your lips feeling smooth. I like to leave mine in my bedside drawer so I can put it on every night before I go to bed.

So if you're in the market for a new chapstick, or are a makeup junkie like me, I'd say check the Nivea Lip Butters out. They're not too expensive and they work like a charm if you can get past the smell.


Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a real comforting product. Thanks for sharing. I am hopping over from the Monday Mingling for which I am co-hosting. Hope you will follow me. I enjoyed reading your blog and plan to check back in often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would like the scent Raspberry Rose. It's not quite as strong as the Caramel one, but I agree it's a great product! I have all of the flavours thanks to a swap from the UK!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...